The Belgian financial regulator FSMA has identified six new investment scams.
Boiler rooms are scams that contact people often in an unsolicited way and offer them investments in different assets.
But these investments are fictitious or made with worthless assets. In any case the end result is always a loss.
FSMA has recently identified the following scams of this kind:
- Burton Mills (www.burtonmills.com)
- Hollis Kookmin Financial (www.hkfglobal.com)
- Lambert & Sons Incorporated (www.lambert-incorporated.com)
- Loeb Benson (www.loeb-benson.com)
- Meadows Financial (www.meadowsfinancial.com)
- Schalom and Gerson (www.schalomandgerson.com)
These companies are of course not regulated.